Breakfast. My absolute favorite meal of the day! It’s the first thing you give your body in the morning, besides maybe some alkalizing lemon water, so you better make a wise choice and try one of these healthy breakfast ideas.
- rice cake with nut butter, bananas and cinnamon
- Super Power Protein Smoothie
- Banana pancakes: 2 eggs + one mashed banana (that’s it)! Mix it all together & grill as you would a normal pancake – boom you’re done.
- Quinoa, Berry, Superfood Bowl (as seen in photo): 1/4 cup quinoa, 1/4 cup berries, 1 banana, 1 Tbsp flax seeds, 1 Tbsp chia seeds, 1 Tbsp goji berries + dash of cinnamon to taste.
- Veggie Omelet: 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites + as many veggies as you possibly want (i.e. mushrooms, spinach, onion & bell peppers). If you want to add cheese, try sprinkling a bit of feta.
- 2 Hard boiled eggs + fruit (berries, banana, apple, etc.)
- Choco-Berry Protein Shake: 1 cup liquid (I prefer almond, coconut or rice milk) + 1/4 cup berries + 1 Tbsp cacao + 1 scoop chocolate protein powder + 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Breakfast burrito: 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites scrambled. Add 1/2 avocado + salsa + a bit of cheese (don’t over do it!). Choose a low-fat/skim variety
- Better-that-McDonald’s breakfast sandwich: 1 whole grain english muffin toasted + 1 cooked egg + 2 slices of nitrate free bacon (or turkey bacon) + 1 slice of low-fat cheese.