Hey guys! I am really excited about this post and hope for a big wave of engagement regarding this topic. September is childhood cancer awareness month and I really would love for as many of you as possible to get involved.
I “met” Travis Shaw on Twitter because he was sharing that he had lost some weight by using the Runtastic app. We recently posted his amazing weight-loss success story on the Runtastic blog, and learned A LOT more about his struggles as a parent as his son Griffin fought TOUGH for cancer.
Griffin is now cancer-free but his father Travis continues to drive awareness as part of #TeamGriffin! So he started sending me tweets and emails with cool links and different ways to create awareness on social media. He challenged me to paint my nails gold for #childhoodcancerawarenessmonth and encourage my community to do the same – so here we are! Are you with me?
Here’s how you can participate in this #childhoodcancerawarenessmonth giveaway:
- #GoGold and post a picture or video! You can paint your nails, wear gold clothing – anything. Get creative 🙂
- Post a picture on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter (or all 3)
- MUST TAG: @LifeLikeLunden #TeamGriffin #ChildhoodCancerAwarenessMonth
- Other OPTIONAL tags: #nochildfightsalone #kidsgetcancertoo #showyourgold
- OPTIONAL: Make donation here
- OPTIONAL: Order your #TeamGriffin T-shirt here
Here’s an example of a picture I posted the other day! Of course, having the hashtags in the picture is not the same – so make sure you get creative with your posting and really motivate your friends to do the same! Don’t forget the required tags (see #3)
I look forward to seeing all of your postings!! 🙂
Let’s do it!