Your mindset can make you or break you when it comes to ANYTHING! If you have a health & fitness goal but your mind doesn’t believe you can achieve it, I’m sorry but you won’t.
One thing I have realized with people I have worked with who are trying to lose weight is that they often focus on what they are missing, lacking, can’t have, shouldn’t have, etc (when it comes to food). Heck, I’ve even caught myself doing this too – but, I have to admit, I have gotten so much better over the years. Yes, I said it – years! Remember my mantra? FITNESS IS FOR LIFE! Some things can take years to get the hang of.
One thing I do myself & also have people I work with do is make a “CAN LIST” instead of a can’t list. What you’ll realize, and it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME, is that your can list is always longer than your can’t list. Why focus on a small can’t list when there is so much more to get excited about on your CAN LIST?
Here are the rules:
-You have to make your CAN list before you even think about making your can’t list
-You have to be as detailed as possible (ex: “Fresh fruit” –> “blueberries, blackberries, mango, bananas,…”)
-Your can list has to be things that you actually like. Don’t write “bananas” on your list if you don’t like them.
Here is my CAN LIST:
- ice cold water with lemon and cucumber
- coffee with almond milk or black
- green tea (Kusmi Tea is my fav)
- any lean protein I want (my favs: egg whites, tofu, fish)
- dark chocolate on occasion
- red wine on occasion
- egg sandwiches
- grilled egg plant
- artichoke hearts
- salads that are as big as I want them to be
- brown rice
- whole grain tortillas
- bell peppers
- zucchini brownies
- banana ice cream
- 5 ingredient healthy cookies
- hard boiled eggs with salsa
- rice cake with almond butter
- almond milk
- chia seed pudding
- homemade pizza
- Indian food from my fav. restaurant 1-2x per month
- kidney beans
- garbanzo beans
- super power protein smoothies
- sweet potatoes!!!!!!!!!!!!! and sweet potato fries
- homemade baked rosemary fries
- homemade chili with avocado & cilantro on top
- the fresh herbs in my garden: cilantro, parsley, oregano, rosemary
- kale and kale chips (omg!)
- brazil nuts
- brazil nut milk
- flax seeds
- goji berries
Should I keep going??? I just started this list right now off the top of my head. It’s like, once you list all the CAN’s why even get started on the can’ts? You have all these options available on this incredible list – I already ate dinner and shooooot I’m already getting excited for breakfast.
What’s on your #canlist ?? Share it with me on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram …. or in the comments below!